#AirAsiaSantaCombo | Airasia Food truck Event Rated 3.5/5

Stay Hungry, Stay Foodie 


Air Asia world’s best low cost airlines, known for its customer service and top inflight experience, recently invited me with fellow foodies on a food tasting event for their new menu which was set to kick off at UB city.




Something about the eventEvent was named as AirAsiaSantaCombo, hosted by Payal Satish (Head of Ancillary Revenue and cargo at Air Asia India). Event went on for 2 hours where all my fellow foodies were given an opportunity to taste the healthy inflight meals.


What we had there
Initially spinach corn sandwich was served with a bottle of apple or orange juice and mineral water. Everything used for making the sandwich was fresh and healthy. Well decorated and well prepared. Then came the turn of Hot meals.

In hot meals a variety of items were there, I requested for a laccha paratha which was served with white channa and a cutlet. The paratha was not fully cooked but the channa and cutlet had homely flavor.



Rated laccha paratha meal: 2.5/5

Then I thought of having something different so then asked the Air Asia team for something different, they served me a Mexican veg Steak which contains buttered beans, chunky ratatouille and zucchini, corn & jalapeno steak. This was something nice and I thought to myself “this is turning out to be just another nice infight meal which I can order in my upcoming AirAsia flights”.



Rated: 4.0/5

After eating all those I was almost full so thought of having a little bit from the fellow foodie as I don’t want to waste the complete meal just for the sake of tasting. The rajma chawal combo was dull as the gravy served was not thick. The spinach paratha was not that good and the aloo subzi served was almost rejected by all foodies there.



Rated Rajma rice combo and spinach paratha combo: 2.0/5

Then came the South Indian delight, it was the only thing I can die for. Loved the taste, well prepared and texture was awesome. It was a 5 star rated meal. It was something what I expected from a 5 star airline.


Rated: 5.0/5

All meals costed around Rs 189 with beverages. Quantity is well enough for one person.


Staff & Service
The staff on board (Food Truck) was well trained and courteous. Well informed about the meals they were serving. Handled the heavy rush politely. Service was quick.


Overall Rating: 3.5/5
Food: 3.0/5
Staff & Service: 4.5/5  
Value for money: 3.5/5

Loved to be a part of AirAsia Event. They nailed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment