The Punjabi Rasoi, HSR layout Review

Being a Punjabi, I love to have Punjabi food and as it's been one year in Bangalore its hard to find Punjabi foods on street. There are only two ways to get them either to cook at home or to buy it. That's why I keep on searching new Punjabi restaurants where I can find true Punjabi taste this search once landed me to The Punjabi Rasoi, HSR layout.


 

What we Had there

After going through the complete menu I decided to order for some starter and then slowly moving towards the main course. As there were not much options related to the starter so I simply ordered for spicy paneer tikka. It was served on time and parallel I also ordered for main course. The paneer tikka was not that hot as expected and it was not crispier too, it was served with green pudina chutney with onions. The paneer was soft but I was expecting something like pure Punjabi flavors with best presentation but all my expectation got shattered.

Something about Main course 

I ordered for black dal(dal makhni), punjabi paneer with some Indian bread (butter tandoori chapati) . After starters, I was not expecting anything special from Punjabi Rasoi, guys but frankly speaking when the main course arrived complete scenario changed. I was blown away by the food, especially dal makhani, paneer and Indian breads. Dal was excellent, slow cooked, creamy, delicious and not overly spicy. Paneer was one of the freshest I’ve ever had, and the chapati were soft just like freshly taken out from the tandoor and served on the table. Loved the main course course. Thumbs up.
You can have taste of north in south.

Ambiance and Location 

The Punjabi Rasoi is located at the heart of HSR layout where you will find many big food and lifestyle brand around. Parking for both cars and bike is easily available. Ambiance is fine nothing so special to write just like a normal restaurant, you will find people sitting outside and waiting for their turn generally on weekend and it is fully packed so you may have to wait 20 to 30 minutes.

Staff and service 
Servers will bring order without any delay and they greet you very well. Nothing much to say service is just like a normal 3-star restaurants.

Overall rating: 3.5
Ambiance: 3.0/5
Food: 4.0/5
Staff service: 3.5/5
Value for money:3.5/5
Location:4.0/5

In the end the manager ask for feedback about the food and I replied just read my review tomorrow on The Punjabi Rasoi, HSR layout on my blog.The Punjabi Rasoi Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment